Overview Quick Details
Packaging & Delivery
Disc coupling: by definition, transmits torque from a driving to a driven bolt tangentially on a commonbolt circle. Torque is transmitted between the bolts through a series of thin, stainless steel discs assembled in a pack. Misalignment is accomplished by deforming of the material between the bolts.
Adisc couplingis a high performance motion control (Servo)couplingdesigned to be thetorquetransmitting element (by connecting twoshaftstogether) while accommodating forshaft misalignment. It is designed to be flexible, while remainingtorsionallystrong under high torque loads. Typically, disc couplings can handle speeds up to 10,000RPM.
Advantages of disc coupling
1. Eliminates the need for lubrication and coupling maintenance
2. Coupling can be inspected without disassembly
3. Condition of disc packs can be inspected with a strobe light while the machine is running
4. Note: It is not recommended that couplings be operated without coupling guards.
5. Easy to assess equipment misalignment
6. Torsionally rigid without any backlash
7. No wearing parts
8. Resistance to harsh environments
9. Long life when properly sized and aligned
10. High power density (higher torque for a given outside diameter)