Ductile iron universal joint
1) The Universal Flanged Adaptors and Couplings are designed for pipelines, As a wide tolerance system
2) It will fit most standard pipe materials and therefore dramatically reduces the number of dedicated Flanged Adaptors and couplings which need to be stocked for maintenance purposes.
3) It is suitable for steel, GRP, PVC, PE, Ductile Iron, Cast Ironand Asbestors Cement. When connecting PE pipes, It is important that pipe inserts are fitted to the PE pipes.
1) All the flanged adaptors are assembled by ” T ” bolts.
2) Bolts, Nuts and Washers are in carbon steel Grade 4.8, 8.8 with zinc plated, dacromet coating or according to customer’s request.
3) Body material is Ductile iron GGG500-7.
4) CHINAMFG bonded epoxy powder coating in blue, black or red or according to customer’srequest.
5) Gaskets material: E. P. D. M., NBR or SBR.
6) Accommodate BS, DIN, ANSI flange drillings. Specification Unit Weight Sealing Ranges(mm) inches mm kgs 2″ 50 3.6 59~732 1/2″ 65 4.50 72~853″ 80 4.83 88~1034″ 100 5.51 108~1285″ 125 7.74 132~1546″ 150 8.32 159~1827″ 175 11.30 192~2098″ 200 9.95 218~23510″ 250 14.50 271~28912″ 300 18.62 322~34014″ 350 26.00 374~39116″ 400 28.85 417~43718″ 450 33.40 480~5571″ 500 50.00 526~54624″ 600 54.10 630~650.
1. Can I get free samples?
A: Yes, we can provide you the free samples, but you need to bear their own delivery costs.
2. Can I request to change the form of packaging and transportation?
A: Yes, We can change the form of the packaging and transportation according to your request, but you have to bear their own costs incurred during this period and the spreads.
3. Can I request to advance the shipment?
A: It should be depends on whether there is sufficient inventory in our warehouse.
4. Can I have my own Logo on the product?
A: Yes, you can send us your drawing and we can make your logo, but you have to bear their own the cost.
5. Can you produce the products according to my own drawings?
A: Yes, we can produce the products according to your drawings that will be most satisfy you.
6. Which price terms could accepted?
A: FOB,CIF all acceptable.
Can flexible couplings be used in applications with high shock and impact loads?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in applications with high shock and impact loads. In fact, they are specifically designed to absorb and dampen shock loads, making them well-suited for such challenging environments. Here’s how flexible couplings handle high shock and impact loads:
- Material Flexibility: Flexible couplings are made from materials with high elasticity and flexibility, such as elastomers (rubber-like materials) or metal alloys. When a shock load is applied, these materials can deform temporarily, absorbing the impact energy and preventing it from transmitting to the connected equipment.
- Vibration Damping: Shock loads often generate vibrations that can be harmful to the equipment. Flexible couplings with vibration-damping properties can further mitigate the effects of shock loads by absorbing and dissipating the vibration energy, reducing the stress on the machinery.
- Design Features: Some flexible couplings are specifically engineered with features to handle high shock loads. These may include reinforced structures, enhanced damping characteristics, or additional support to withstand the sudden forces generated by impacts.
- Load Distribution: Flexible couplings help distribute the shock load more evenly across the flexible elements or components, preventing localized stress concentrations that could lead to component failure.
- Resilience: The flexibility and resilience of the coupling material allow it to return to its original shape after the shock load has dissipated. This ability to recover from deformation ensures that the coupling can continue to accommodate misalignment and transmit torque effectively.
- Protection of Connected Equipment: By absorbing shock loads, flexible couplings protect the connected equipment from sudden and severe impacts, reducing the risk of damage or premature failure of critical components.
Applications with high shock and impact loads can be found in various industries, including mining, construction, material handling, and heavy machinery. Flexible couplings provide an essential role in maintaining the reliability and longevity of the equipment in these demanding environments.
When selecting a flexible coupling for an application with high shock and impact loads, it is crucial to consider the specific requirements and operating conditions. Consulting with the coupling manufacturer or a qualified engineer can ensure the proper coupling is chosen to meet the unique challenges of the application.
How does a flexible coupling contribute to reducing maintenance and downtime costs?
A flexible coupling plays a significant role in reducing maintenance and downtime costs in mechanical systems. Here are the ways in which it achieves this:
- Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings can accommodate both angular and parallel misalignments between shafts. By absorbing and compensating for misalignment, they reduce wear and stress on connected equipment, minimizing the risk of premature failures and the need for frequent adjustments.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings dampen vibrations and shock loads in the system. This not only protects the connected components from excessive wear but also reduces the likelihood of damage to bearings, seals, and other critical parts, which would otherwise require frequent replacement or repair.
- Protection Against Shock Loads: In applications where sudden starts, stops, or load fluctuations occur, flexible couplings can absorb and dissipate some of the shock loads, preventing potential damage to machinery. This feature extends the equipment’s lifespan and minimizes unplanned downtime.
- Longevity of Components: By reducing stress and wear on connected components, flexible couplings contribute to their longevity. Components such as bearings, shafts, and gears are subject to less strain and fatigue, resulting in extended service intervals and reduced replacement costs.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance: Flexible couplings are relatively easy to install and require minimal maintenance. Routine inspections to check for wear or damage can be done without significant downtime, allowing proactive maintenance to address any issues before they escalate.
- Adaptability to Operating Conditions: Flexible couplings can handle variations in operating conditions, such as temperature fluctuations and different types of loads. Their ability to accommodate changing conditions reduces the need for frequent adjustments or component replacements due to environmental factors.
- Reduced Downtime during Maintenance: In the event of maintenance or equipment repairs, flexible couplings can be quickly disconnected and reconnected, minimizing the downtime required for servicing. This quick replacement reduces production losses and improves overall system efficiency.
Overall, the use of flexible couplings in mechanical systems promotes reliability, extends the life of equipment, and helps prevent costly breakdowns. By reducing maintenance and downtime costs, flexible couplings contribute to improved productivity and profitability for industrial operations.
What are the maintenance requirements for flexible couplings?
Maintenance of flexible couplings is essential to ensure their reliable and efficient performance over their service life. Proper maintenance helps prevent premature wear, reduces the risk of unexpected failures, and extends the lifespan of the couplings. Here are some key maintenance requirements for flexible couplings:
- Regular Inspection: Perform regular visual inspections of the flexible couplings to check for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for cracks, tears, or any other visible issues in the coupling components.
- Lubrication: Some flexible couplings, especially those with moving parts or sliding surfaces, may require periodic lubrication. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding the type and frequency of lubrication to ensure smooth operation.
- Alignment Checks: Misalignment is a common cause of coupling failure. Regularly check the alignment of the connected shafts and adjust as necessary. Proper alignment reduces stress on the coupling and improves power transmission efficiency.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitoring the torque transmitted through the coupling can help detect any abnormal or excessive loads. If the coupling is subjected to loads beyond its rated capacity, it may lead to premature failure.
- Environmental Protection: If the couplings are exposed to harsh environmental conditions, take measures to protect them from dust, dirt, moisture, and corrosive substances. Consider using protective covers or seals to shield the couplings from potential contaminants.
- Temperature Considerations: Ensure that the operating temperature of the flexible coupling is within its designed range. Excessive heat can accelerate wear, while extremely low temperatures may affect the flexibility of certain coupling materials.
- Replace Worn or Damaged Parts: If any components of the flexible coupling show signs of wear or damage, replace them promptly with genuine replacement parts from the manufacturer.
- Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Follow the maintenance guidelines provided by the coupling manufacturer. They often include specific maintenance intervals and procedures tailored to the coupling’s design and materials.
- Training and Expertise: Ensure that maintenance personnel have the necessary training and expertise to inspect and maintain the flexible couplings properly. Improper maintenance practices can lead to further issues and compromise the coupling’s performance.
By adhering to these maintenance requirements, you can maximize the service life of the flexible couplings and minimize the risk of unexpected downtime or costly repairs. Regular maintenance helps maintain the efficiency and reliability of the coupling in various industrial, automotive, and machinery applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-07