FCL flexible coupling is widely used,owing to its advantages:compact designing,easy installation,convenient maintenance,small size and light weight.As long as the relative displacement between shafts is kept within the specified tolerance,coupling will operate the best function and have a longer working life.
Size available from:90,100,112,125,140,160,180,200,224,250,280,315,355,400,450,560,630
FCL flexible coupling is widely used for its compact design, easy installation, convenient maintenance, small size and light weight.
1. A flexible structure that is made through combining a flange with a coupling bolt.
2. Easy to attach.
3. Easy to replace the bush by just removing the coupling bolt, which makes maintenance and preservation easy.
4. Absorbs misalignment such as eccentricity and declination, and absorbs screw vibrations to prevent noise.
5. Does not transmit the thrust load.
6. Material could be customized.
Packaging & Shipping
|Package||Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
What are the torque and speed ratings for different sizes of flexible couplings?
The torque and speed ratings of flexible couplings can vary depending on their size, design, and material. Manufacturers typically provide specifications for each specific coupling model to ensure it is suitable for the intended application. Below are some general considerations regarding torque and speed ratings for different sizes of flexible couplings:
The torque rating of a flexible coupling is the maximum amount of torque it can reliably transmit without experiencing excessive deformation or failure. It is essential to choose a coupling with a torque rating that exceeds the torque requirements of the application to ensure proper operation and avoid premature wear. Torque ratings are typically specified in Nm (Newton-meters) or lb-ft (pound-feet).
The torque capacity of a flexible coupling can increase with its size and design. Larger couplings, which have more substantial components and a larger flexible element, often have higher torque ratings compared to smaller couplings. Additionally, couplings with a more robust design, such as metallic couplings, generally have higher torque capacities compared to elastomeric couplings.
The speed rating of a flexible coupling is the maximum rotational speed it can withstand while maintaining its structural integrity and performance. It is critical to select a coupling with a speed rating suitable for the application’s operating speed to avoid excessive wear and potential coupling failure. Speed ratings are typically specified in revolutions per minute (RPM).
Like torque ratings, the speed rating of a flexible coupling can be influenced by its size, design, and material. Larger couplings with more robust construction can often handle higher rotational speeds compared to smaller couplings. Metallic couplings, with their stiffer and more precise design, can also have higher speed ratings compared to elastomeric couplings.
Consulting Manufacturer Specifications:
To determine the torque and speed ratings for specific sizes of flexible couplings, it is essential to consult the manufacturer’s product specifications or technical datasheets. These documents provide detailed information about the coupling’s capabilities, including torque and speed ratings for each available size and model.
When selecting a flexible coupling, it is crucial to consider the torque and speed requirements of the specific application. Factors such as the power transmitted, the rotational speed of the machinery, and any transient or shock loads should be taken into account to ensure the selected coupling can handle the demands of the system.
The torque and speed ratings of flexible couplings can vary based on their size, design, and material. Manufacturers provide specific torque and speed ratings for each coupling model to ensure their suitability for different applications. Consulting manufacturer specifications and considering the application’s requirements are vital in selecting the right flexible coupling that can handle the torque and speed demands of the mechanical system.
Can flexible couplings be used in marine and automotive applications?
Yes, flexible couplings are commonly used in both marine and automotive applications. They offer various advantages that make them suitable for these industries:
- Misalignment Compensation: In marine and automotive systems, there can be misalignments due to factors such as hull flexing in marine vessels or engine movements in vehicles. Flexible couplings can accommodate these misalignments, ensuring efficient power transmission between the engine and the propeller or wheels.
- Vibration Damping: Both marine and automotive environments experience vibrations from engines, propellers, or road conditions. Flexible couplings help dampen these vibrations, reducing wear on components and enhancing the comfort of passengers or crew members.
- Shock Load Absorption: Marine vessels and vehicles can encounter shock loads during operation, especially in rough sea conditions or uneven terrains. Flexible couplings can absorb and dissipate the impact of these shock loads, protecting the drivetrain and transmission components.
- Compact Design: Space is often limited in marine vessels and automotive systems. Flexible couplings come in various compact designs, making them suitable for applications with restricted installation space.
- Corrosion Resistance: Marine environments expose components to corrosive seawater, while automotive systems may encounter exposure to road salt and other corrosive substances. Flexible couplings made from corrosion-resistant materials, such as stainless steel or non-metallic compounds, are ideal for these applications.
- Easy Maintenance: Flexible couplings with self-lubricating features or low maintenance requirements are well-suited for marine and automotive applications, where regular maintenance can be challenging.
- High Torque Capacity: Automotive systems, especially in heavy-duty vehicles, require couplings that can handle high torque levels. Flexible couplings designed for automotive use offer high torque capacity and reliability.
Overall, the adaptability, vibration damping, and misalignment compensation provided by flexible couplings make them suitable for various marine and automotive applications. Whether used in boats, yachts, ships, cars, trucks, or other vehicles, flexible couplings contribute to smooth and reliable power transmission, leading to improved performance and reduced maintenance requirements.
What is a flexible coupling and how does it work?
A flexible coupling is a mechanical device used to connect two shafts while allowing for relative movement between them. It is designed to transmit torque from one shaft to another while compensating for misalignment, vibration, and shock. Flexible couplings are essential components in various rotating machinery and systems, as they help protect the connected equipment and enhance overall performance.
Types of Flexible Couplings:
There are several types of flexible couplings, each with its unique design and characteristics. Some common types include:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings feature elastomer spiders that fit between two hubs. They can accommodate angular and parallel misalignment while dampening vibrations.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs to connect the shafts. They are highly flexible and provide excellent misalignment compensation.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings use gear teeth to transmit torque. They offer high torque capacity and can handle moderate misalignment.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, such as a metal beam, to transmit torque while compensating for misalignment.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings use a bellows-like structure to allow for axial, angular, and parallel misalignment compensation.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot to allow for misalignment compensation.
How a Flexible Coupling Works:
The operation of a flexible coupling depends on its specific design, but the general principles are similar. Let’s take the example of a jaw coupling to explain how a flexible coupling works:
- Two shafts are connected to the coupling hubs on either side, with an elastomer spider placed between them.
- When torque is applied to one shaft, it causes the spider to compress and deform slightly, transmitting the torque to the other shaft.
- In case of misalignment between the shafts, the elastomer spider flexes and compensates for the misalignment, ensuring smooth torque transmission without imposing excessive loads on the shafts or connected equipment.
- The elastomer spider also acts as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and shocks during operation, which reduces wear on the equipment and enhances system stability.
Overall, the flexibility and ability to compensate for misalignment are the key features that allow a flexible coupling to function effectively. The choice of a specific flexible coupling type depends on the application’s requirements, such as torque capacity, misalignment compensation, and environmental conditions.
editor by CX 2023-09-12