Stainless Steel Coupling Gear Rigid Roller Chain Fluid Tyre Grid Jaw Spider HRC Nm Motor Flange Gear Pump Rubber Spline Shaft Flexible Universal Joint Coupling
Coupling refers to a device that connects 2 shafts or shafts and rotating parts, rotates together during the transmission of motion and power, and does not disengage under normal conditions. Sometimes it is also used as a safety device to prevent the connected parts from bearing excessive load, which plays the role of overload protection.
Couplings can be divided into rigid couplings and flexible couplings.
Rigid couplings do not have buffering property and the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes. It is required that the 2 axes be strictly aligned. However, such couplings are simple in structure, low in manufacturing cost, convenient in assembly and disassembly, and maintenance, which can ensure that the 2 axes are relatively neutral, have large transmission torque, and are widely used. Commonly used are flange coupling, sleeve coupling and jacket coupling.
Flexible coupling can also be divided into flexible coupling without elastic element and flexible coupling with elastic element. The former type only has the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, but cannot cushion and reduce vibration. Common types include slider coupling, gear coupling, universal coupling and chain coupling; The latter type contains elastic elements. In addition to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, it also has the functions of buffering and vibration reduction. However, due to the strength of elastic elements, the transmitted torque is generally inferior to that of flexible couplings without elastic elements. Common types include elastic sleeve pin couplings, elastic pin couplings, quincunx couplings, tire type couplings, serpentine spring couplings, spring couplings, etc
1) Mobility. The movability of the coupling refers to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 rotating components. Factors such as manufacturing and installation errors between connected components, temperature changes during operation and deformation under load all put CZPT requirements for mobility. The movable performance compensates or alleviates the additional load between shafts, bearings, couplings and other components caused by the relative displacement between rotating components.
(2) Buffering. For the occasions where the load is often started or the working load changes, the coupling shall be equipped with elastic elements that play the role of cushioning and vibration reduction to protect the prime mover and the working machine from little or no damage.
(3) Safe, reliable, with sufficient strength and service life.
(4) Simple structure, easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain.
How to select the appropriate coupling type
The following items should be considered when selecting the coupling type.
1. The size and nature of the required transmission torque, the requirements for buffering and damping functions, and whether resonance may occur.
2. The relative displacement of the axes of the 2 shafts is caused by manufacturing and assembly errors, shaft load and thermal expansion deformation, and relative movement between components.
3. Permissible overall dimensions and installation methods, and necessary operating space for assembly, adjustment and maintenance. For large couplings, they should be able to be disassembled without axial movement of the shaft.
In addition, the working environment, service life, lubrication, sealing, economy and other conditions should also be considered, and a suitable coupling type should be selected by referring to the characteristics of various couplings.
If you cannot determine the type, you can contact our professional engineer
Main production equipment:
Large lathe, surface grinder, milling machine, gear shaper, spline milling machine, horizontal broaching machine, gear hobbing machine, shaper, slotting machine, bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, boring machine, band sawing machine, horizontal lathe, end milling machine, crankshaft grinder, CNC milling machine, casting equipment, etc.
Dynamic balance tester, high-speed intelligent carbon and sulfur analyzer, Blochon optical hardness tester, Leeb hardness tester, magnetic yoke flaw detector, special detection, modular fixture (self-made), etc.
Application – Photos from our partner customers
Our leading products are mechanical transmission basic parts – couplings, mainly including universal couplings, drum gear couplings, elastic couplings and other 3 categories of more than 30 series of varieties. It is widely used in metallurgical steel rolling, wind power, hydropower, mining, engineering machinery, petrochemical, lifting, paper making, rubber, rail transit, shipbuilding and marine engineering and other industries.
Our factory takes the basic parts of national standards as the benchmark, has more than 40 years of coupling production experience, takes “scientific management, pioneering and innovation, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction” as the quality policy, and aims to continuously provide users with satisfactory products and services. The production is guided by reasonable process, and the ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard is strictly implemented. We adhere to the principle of continuous improvement and innovation of coupling products. In recent years, it has successfully developed 10 national patent products such as SWF cross shaft universal coupling, among which the double cross shaft universal joint has won the national invention patent, SWF cross shaft universal coupling has won the new product award of China’s general mechanical parts coupling industry and the ZHangZhoug Province new product science and technology project.
Our factory has strong technical force, excellent process equipment, complete professional production equipment, perfect detection means, excellent after-sales service, various products and complete specifications. At the same time, we can provide the design and manufacturing of special non-standard products according to the needs of users. Our products sell well at home and abroad, and are trusted by the majority of users. We sincerely welcome friends from all walks of life at home and abroad to visit and negotiate for common development.p
Can flexible couplings be used in servo motor and stepper motor applications?
Yes, flexible couplings are commonly used in both servo motor and stepper motor applications. They play a crucial role in connecting the motor shaft to the driven load while compensating for misalignments and providing other essential benefits:
- Servo Motor Applications: Servo motors require precise motion control and high responsiveness. Flexible couplings are well-suited for servo motor applications because they offer the following advantages:
- Misalignment Compensation: Servo motors are sensitive to misalignments, which can lead to decreased performance and increased wear. Flexible couplings can accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignments, ensuring that the motor and driven load remain properly aligned during operation.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings help reduce vibrations, which is crucial for servo motor applications that require smooth and precise motion. By absorbing and dissipating vibrations, flexible couplings contribute to the overall stability and accuracy of the system.
- Backlash Minimization: Some flexible couplings have minimal to no backlash, making them suitable for high-precision servo motor applications where any play or clearance between components could affect performance.
- High Torque Capacity: Servo motors often require high torque transmission capabilities. Flexible couplings are available in various designs and materials, allowing for the selection of couplings with appropriate torque ratings for specific servo motor applications.
- Stepper Motor Applications: Stepper motors are commonly used in open-loop control systems where precise positioning is necessary. Flexible couplings are used in stepper motor applications due to the following reasons:
- Misalignment Tolerance: Stepper motors can experience misalignments, especially in dynamic applications. Flexible couplings can handle misalignments without introducing significant backlash or affecting the stepper motor’s accuracy.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Flexible couplings are often more cost-effective than other types of couplings, making them a practical choice for stepper motor applications, especially in cases where precision requirements are not as stringent as in servo motor systems.
- Shock Load Absorption: Some stepper motor applications involve abrupt starts and stops, leading to shock loads. Flexible couplings can absorb these shocks and protect the motor and driven load from damage.
- Simplicity: Flexible couplings are simple in design and easy to install, making them a popular choice in various stepper motor applications.
Overall, flexible couplings offer valuable benefits in both servo motor and stepper motor applications. They help improve system performance, reduce wear on components, and enhance the overall reliability of the motion control systems they are employed in.
Can flexible couplings be used in pumps, compressors, and fans?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in pumps, compressors, and fans, and they are commonly employed in these types of rotating machinery. Flexible couplings offer several advantages that make them suitable for such applications:
- Misalignment Compensation: Pumps, compressors, and fans often experience misalignments due to various factors, such as thermal expansion, foundation settling, or component wear. Flexible couplings can accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignments, helping to maintain proper alignment between the driving and driven components.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings help dampen vibrations in rotating machinery, which is essential for smooth operation and reduced wear on components. In pumps, compressors, and fans, vibration control is crucial to prevent premature failure and maintain reliable performance.
- Shock Load Absorption: These rotating machines may encounter shock loads during startup or shutdown, especially in reciprocating equipment like reciprocating pumps or compressors. Flexible couplings can absorb and mitigate the impact of such loads, protecting the connected equipment from damage.
- Reduced Maintenance: Flexible couplings with elastomeric elements or other self-lubricating features require minimal maintenance, leading to cost savings and reduced downtime in pumps, compressors, and fans.
- Energy Efficiency: Certain flexible coupling designs, such as beam couplings or certain elastomeric couplings, have low mass and inertia. This characteristic helps improve the energy efficiency of rotating machinery, which is particularly beneficial in large-scale pumps, compressors, and fans used in industrial applications.
- Adaptability: Pumps, compressors, and fans often have varying operating conditions and load profiles. Flexible couplings are adaptable to different operating environments, making them suitable for diverse applications.
In summary, flexible couplings offer several performance-enhancing features that make them well-suited for use in pumps, compressors, and fans. Their ability to accommodate misalignment, dampen vibrations, absorb shocks, and reduce maintenance requirements contributes to improved reliability, efficiency, and longevity of the connected rotating machinery.
How does a flexible coupling handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment?
A flexible coupling is designed to accommodate various types of misalignment between two rotating shafts: angular misalignment, parallel misalignment, and axial misalignment. The flexibility of the coupling allows it to maintain a connection between the shafts while compensating for these misalignment types. Here’s how a flexible coupling handles each type of misalignment:
- Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the axes of the two shafts are not collinear and form an angle with each other. Flexible couplings can handle angular misalignment by incorporating an element that can flex and bend. One common design is the “spider” or “jaw” element, which consists of elastomeric materials. As the shafts are misaligned, the elastomeric element can deform slightly, allowing the coupling to accommodate the angular offset between the shafts while still transmitting torque.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment, also known as offset misalignment, occurs when the axes of the two shafts are parallel but not perfectly aligned with each other. Flexible couplings can handle parallel misalignment through the same elastomeric element. The flexible nature of the element enables it to shift and adjust to the offset between the shafts, ensuring continuous power transmission while minimizing additional stresses on the machinery.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment, also called end-play misalignment, occurs when the two shafts move closer together or farther apart along their common axis. Flexible couplings can handle axial misalignment through specific designs that allow limited axial movement. For instance, some couplings use slotted holes or a floating member that permits axial displacement while maintaining the connection between the shafts.
By providing the capability to handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment, flexible couplings offer several advantages for power transmission systems:
- They help to prevent premature wear and damage to the connected equipment, reducing maintenance and replacement costs.
- They minimize vibration and shock loads, enhancing the overall smoothness and reliability of the machinery.
- They reduce the risk of equipment failure due to misalignment-induced stresses, improving the system’s operational life.
- They allow for easier installation and alignment adjustments, saving time and effort during setup and maintenance.
Overall, flexible couplings play a crucial role in handling misalignment and ensuring efficient power transmission in various industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-07