Factory Customized High Precision Shaft Coupling Flexible Double Disc Coupling for Vacuum Pumps
Coupling refers to a device that connects 2 shafts or shafts and rotating parts, rotates together during the transmission of motion and power, and does not disengage under normal conditions. Sometimes it is also used
as a safety device to prevent the connected parts from bearing excessive load, which plays the role of overload protection.
Couplings can be divided into rigid couplings and flexible couplings. Rigid couplings do not have buffering property and the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes. It is required that the 2 axes be strictly aligned. However, such couplings are simple in structure, low in manufacturing cost, convenient in assembly and disassembly, and maintenance, which can ensure that the 2 axes are relatively neutral, have large transmission torque, and are widely used. Commonly used are flange coupling, sleeve coupling and jacket coupling.
Flexible coupling can also be divided into flexible coupling without elastic element and flexible coupling with elastic element. The former type only has the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, but cannot cushion and reduce vibration. Common types include slider coupling, gear coupling, universal coupling and chain coupling; The latter type contains elastic elements. In addition to the ability to compensate the relative displacement
of 2 axes, it also has the functions of buffering and vibration reduction.
Our leading mainly including universal couplings, drum gear couplings, elastic couplings etc.
Main production equipments:
Large lathe, surface grinder, milling machine, spline milling machine, horizontal broaching machine, gear hobbing machine, shaper, slotting machine, bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, boring machine, band sawing machine, horizontal lathe, end milling machine, crankshaft grinder, CNC milling machine, etc.
1) Mobility. The movability of the coupling refers to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 rotating components. Factors such as manufacturing and installation errors between connected components, temperature changes during operation and deformation under load all put CZPT requirements for mobility. The movable performance compensates or alleviates the additional load between shafts, bearings, couplings and other components caused by the relative displacement between rotating components.
(2) Buffering. For the occasions where the load is often started or the working load changes, the coupling shall be equipped with elastic elements that play the role of cushioning and vibration reduction to protect the prime mover and the working machine from little or no damage.
(3) Safe, reliable, with sufficient strength and service life.
(4) Simple structure, easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain.
Dynamic balance tester, high-speed intelligent carbon and sulfur analyzer, Blochon optical hardness tester, Leeb hardness tester, magnetic yoke flaw detector etc.
It is widely used in metallurgical steel rolling, wind power, hydropower, mining, engineering machinery, petrochemical, lifting, paper making, rubber, rail transit, shipbuilding and marine engineering and other industries.
How to select the appropriate coupling type
The following items should be considered when selecting the coupling type.
1. The size and nature of the required transmission torque, the requirements for buffering and damping functions, and whether resonance may occur.
2. The relative displacement of the axes of the 2 shafts is caused by manufacturing and assembly errors, shaft load and thermal expansion deformation, and relative movement between components.
3. Permissible overall dimensions and installation methods, and necessary operating space for assembly, adjustment and maintenance. For large couplings, they should be able to be disassembled without axial movement of the shaft.
In addition, the working environment, service life, lubrication, sealing, economy and other conditions should also be considered, and a suitable coupling type should be selected by referring to the characteristics of various couplings.
If you cannot determine the type, you can contact our professional engineer.
Q: Why choose Shengao product?
A: We have our own factory, therefore, we can surely promise the quality of product and provide
you competitive price.
Q: Do you provide OEM Service?
A: Yes, we provide OEM Service.
Q: Do you provide customized machining parts?
A: Yes. Customers give us drawings and specifications, and we will produce accordingly.
Q: What is your payment term?
A: We provide kinds of payment terms such as L/C, T/T, Paypal, Escrow, etc.
If there’s anything we can help, please feel free to contact with us.
Common Applications of Disc Couplings
Disc couplings find extensive use across various industries and applications where reliable torque transmission, misalignment compensation, and torsional stiffness are essential. Some notable examples include:
- Industrial Machinery: Disc couplings are employed in industrial equipment such as pumps, compressors, generators, and conveyors. They ensure precise torque transfer and alignment in heavy-duty machinery.
- Power Generation: Gas turbines, steam turbines, and power generators often utilize disc couplings to transmit torque between components while withstanding high rotational speeds.
- Aerospace: In aircraft and spacecraft, disc couplings help connect critical systems like engines and auxiliary power units, ensuring dependable torque transmission in demanding environments.
- Marine: Ships and offshore platforms use disc couplings to connect propulsion systems, generators, and other machinery, even in conditions with variable loads and misalignments.
- Oil and Gas: Disc couplings play a crucial role in drilling rigs, pumps, and other equipment where reliable torque transmission and misalignment compensation are vital.
- Automotive: Some automotive applications use disc couplings to connect components within drivetrains and transmissions, especially in vehicles with high-performance requirements.
These examples highlight the versatility and importance of disc couplings in various industries where precise torque transmission, misalignment handling, and torsional stiffness are critical for optimal performance.
Recent Advancements in Disc Coupling Design
Disc coupling technology has seen continuous advancements to enhance performance, reliability, and adaptability to various applications. Some recent innovations in disc coupling design include:
- Material Enhancements: The development of new materials, such as advanced alloys and composite materials, has improved coupling durability, corrosion resistance, and overall lifespan.
- Flexible Disc Profiles: Innovative disc profiles are designed to optimize flexibility while maintaining torque transmission capabilities, allowing for better misalignment compensation and shock absorption.
- Modular Designs: Modular disc coupling systems offer flexibility in adapting to different torque and misalignment requirements, making them versatile for a wide range of applications.
- Enhanced Torsional Stiffness: Some designs focus on achieving higher torsional stiffness, ensuring accurate torque transmission and responsiveness even in demanding conditions.
- Smart Couplings: Integration of sensor technology enables real-time monitoring of coupling performance, allowing for predictive maintenance and reducing downtime.
These advancements are driven by the increasing demands of modern machinery and the need for higher efficiency, reduced maintenance, and improved overall system performance. Engineers and manufacturers are continually exploring new ways to optimize disc coupling design for a variety of industries and applications.
Types of Disc Couplings for Specific Uses
Disc couplings come in various designs and configurations, each tailored to specific use cases and requirements. Here are some different types of disc couplings designed for specific applications:
- Single Disc Couplings: These couplings consist of two hubs and a single flexible disc element. They are suitable for applications where angular misalignment compensation is the primary requirement.
- Double Disc Couplings: These couplings include two flexible disc elements and three hubs. They provide higher torsional flexibility and axial movement absorption, making them suitable for more demanding applications.
- Spacer Disc Couplings: Spacer disc couplings incorporate a spacer between the flexible disc elements. This design allows for greater axial movement and misalignment compensation.
- Close-Coupled Disc Couplings: These couplings have a compact design with minimal spacing between the hubs and discs. They are commonly used in applications where space constraints are a concern.
- Floating Shaft Disc Couplings: Floating shaft disc couplings are designed for applications where there is a need to connect shafts that are not in the same plane. They can accommodate both angular and axial misalignment.
- High-Speed Disc Couplings: These couplings are specifically engineered to handle high rotational speeds while maintaining precise alignment and minimal vibration.
- Heavy-Duty Disc Couplings: Heavy-duty disc couplings are built to transmit extremely high levels of torque and are often used in demanding industrial applications.
- Customizable Disc Couplings: Some manufacturers offer customizable disc couplings that can be tailored to specific application requirements, such as material selection, size, and design parameters.
The choice of disc coupling type depends on factors such as the level of misalignment, torque transmission requirements, space constraints, and environmental conditions. Selecting the appropriate type ensures optimal performance and reliability in various machinery applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-06