Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Can flexible couplings be used in applications with high shock and impact loads?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in applications with high shock and impact loads. In fact, they are specifically designed to absorb and dampen shock loads, making them well-suited for such challenging environments. Here’s how flexible couplings handle high shock and impact loads:
- Material Flexibility: Flexible couplings are made from materials with high elasticity and flexibility, such as elastomers (rubber-like materials) or metal alloys. When a shock load is applied, these materials can deform temporarily, absorbing the impact energy and preventing it from transmitting to the connected equipment.
- Vibration Damping: Shock loads often generate vibrations that can be harmful to the equipment. Flexible couplings with vibration-damping properties can further mitigate the effects of shock loads by absorbing and dissipating the vibration energy, reducing the stress on the machinery.
- Design Features: Some flexible couplings are specifically engineered with features to handle high shock loads. These may include reinforced structures, enhanced damping characteristics, or additional support to withstand the sudden forces generated by impacts.
- Load Distribution: Flexible couplings help distribute the shock load more evenly across the flexible elements or components, preventing localized stress concentrations that could lead to component failure.
- Resilience: The flexibility and resilience of the coupling material allow it to return to its original shape after the shock load has dissipated. This ability to recover from deformation ensures that the coupling can continue to accommodate misalignment and transmit torque effectively.
- Protection of Connected Equipment: By absorbing shock loads, flexible couplings protect the connected equipment from sudden and severe impacts, reducing the risk of damage or premature failure of critical components.
Applications with high shock and impact loads can be found in various industries, including mining, construction, material handling, and heavy machinery. Flexible couplings provide an essential role in maintaining the reliability and longevity of the equipment in these demanding environments.
When selecting a flexible coupling for an application with high shock and impact loads, it is crucial to consider the specific requirements and operating conditions. Consulting with the coupling manufacturer or a qualified engineer can ensure the proper coupling is chosen to meet the unique challenges of the application.
Can flexible couplings be used in high-temperature environments, such as furnaces and kilns?
Flexible couplings can be used in high-temperature environments, such as furnaces and kilns, but the selection of the appropriate coupling is crucial to ensure reliable performance and longevity under these extreme conditions. Here are some key considerations:
- Material Selection: The choice of materials is critical when using flexible couplings in high-temperature applications. Look for couplings made from heat-resistant materials that can withstand the elevated temperatures without experiencing significant degradation. Common materials used for high-temperature couplings include stainless steel, high-temperature alloys, and certain types of elastomers designed for heat resistance.
- Lubrication: High temperatures can cause lubricants to break down or evaporate more quickly. Some flexible couplings may require specialized high-temperature lubricants to ensure smooth operation and reduce wear at elevated temperatures. Check the manufacturer’s recommendations for lubrication in high-temperature environments.
- Thermal Expansion: In high-temperature applications, the equipment and shafts may experience thermal expansion, leading to misalignment. Flexible couplings with higher misalignment capabilities may be necessary to accommodate these thermal effects and prevent additional stress on the system.
- Torsional Stiffness: Consider the required torsional stiffness for the specific application. In high-temperature environments, couplings may experience changes in stiffness due to temperature variations. It is essential to choose a coupling with appropriate torsional characteristics for the intended operating temperature range.
- Application Specifics: Evaluate the specific operating conditions of the furnace or kiln, including the maximum and fluctuating temperatures, vibration levels, and potential exposure to chemicals or other harsh elements. Choose a coupling that can withstand these conditions without compromising performance or safety.
- Coupling Type: Different types of flexible couplings offer varying degrees of heat resistance and performance capabilities. For example, certain types of disc couplings or metal bellows couplings are more suitable for high-temperature environments due to their robust construction and resistance to heat.
- Regular Maintenance: In high-temperature applications, couplings may be subject to more stress and wear. Regular inspection and maintenance are essential to monitor the coupling’s condition, lubrication, and alignment to ensure it continues to function optimally in the challenging environment.
Overall, flexible couplings can be utilized in high-temperature environments, but it is vital to choose a coupling specifically designed and rated for these conditions. Working closely with coupling manufacturers and considering the specific demands of the application will help ensure that the selected coupling can handle the challenges posed by furnaces, kilns, and other high-temperature equipment, providing reliable power transmission and contributing to the overall efficiency and safety of the system.
What role does a flexible coupling play in reducing downtime and maintenance costs?
A flexible coupling plays a significant role in reducing downtime and maintenance costs in industrial machinery and rotating equipment. Here are the key ways in which flexible couplings contribute to these benefits:
- Misalignment Compensation: One of the primary functions of a flexible coupling is to accommodate misalignment between two connected shafts. Misalignment can occur due to various factors such as thermal expansion, foundation settling, or manufacturing tolerances. By allowing for misalignment, flexible couplings reduce the transmission of harmful forces and stresses to connected components, minimizing wear and preventing premature failures that could lead to costly downtime and repairs.
- Vibration Damping: Flexible couplings have inherent damping properties due to the elastomeric or flexible elements they incorporate. These elements absorb and dissipate vibration and shock loads that may arise from the operation of rotating machinery. By dampening vibrations, flexible couplings protect the connected equipment from excessive wear and fatigue, extending their service life and reducing the need for frequent maintenance or replacement.
- Shock Load Absorption: In applications where sudden loads or shocks are common, such as in heavy machinery or high-speed equipment, flexible couplings act as shock absorbers. They can absorb and dissipate the impact energy, preventing damage to the machinery and minimizing downtime caused by unexpected failures or breakdowns.
- Easy Installation and Alignment: Flexible couplings are designed for ease of installation and alignment. Unlike rigid couplings that require precise shaft alignment, flexible couplings can tolerate some degree of misalignment during installation. This feature simplifies the setup process, reduces installation time, and lowers the risk of misalignment-related issues, ultimately minimizing downtime during initial installation or replacement of couplings.
- Reduced Maintenance Frequency: The ability of flexible couplings to handle misalignment and dampen vibrations results in reduced wear on bearings, seals, and other connected components. Consequently, the frequency of maintenance intervals can be extended, reducing the need for frequent inspections and component replacements. This directly translates to lower maintenance costs and less downtime for maintenance tasks.
- Equipment Protection: By reducing the transmission of shock loads and vibrations, flexible couplings act as protective barriers for connected equipment. They help prevent catastrophic failures and subsequent damage to expensive machinery, avoiding unplanned shutdowns and costly repairs.
Overall, flexible couplings are critical components that improve the reliability and longevity of rotating equipment. Their ability to handle misalignment, dampen vibrations, and protect against shock loads contributes to reduced downtime, lower maintenance costs, and increased productivity in industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-20